Fruit juices are not healthy fruit alternatives but freezing whole fruit pulp is. These make wonderful summer fresh fruit substitutes and the refreshing cool temperature gives one the illusion of eating an ice cream on a hot summer day without all the nasty sugars. These are great snacks for the whole family!
1 cup frozen mixed berries (partly defrosted)
1½ cups macadamia nuts
1 cup water
3 tbsp xylitol
1. Soak the macadamia nuts in water for 5 to 10 minutes to soften.
2. Drain the nuts, then add them, along with the water and xylitol, to a high-speed food processor and mix until smooth.
3. Add the partially frozen berries and blend until well mixed.
4. Transfer the mixture into plastic lolly moulds and freeze for 2 to 3 hours.
5. Remove from the freezer and dip into hot water to release the lollies with ease.
Per serving: energy: 407 kcal protein: 4g fat: 38g carbs: 12g ratio: 2.3:1
Recipes extracted from "Real Food. Healthy, Happy Children" by Kath Megaw (Quivertree)
Please select your current province. This will allow us to tailor our latest offers for you.
Each of our stores has its own amazing deals. Simply select your area and you’ll be able to see all the specials at a Checkers closest to you.