Did you know that you can transfer cash from any Checkers store to any other Checkers or Shoprite store in South Africa? For just R9,99 you can transfer cash to anybody, anywhere we have a store - it's the safest, most convenient way of moving money.
Here’s how it works:
• To send money:
- Go to the Money Market counter at your nearest Checkers and take the money you want to send with you.
◦ Bring your RSA Green ID book and the amount you want to send, plus R9,99 for the transfer. A customer must present his/her RSA Green ID book, no copies of ID books or driver licenses are acceptable. The only accepted valid proof of identity is a RSA Green ID book.
◦ Select and enter your secret 4-digit PIN to receive a Money Market transfer number. Only give the PIN and Money Transfer number to the person who will collect the money on the other side.
◦ Send any amount from R1 to R5 000 per day, up to a maximum amount of R25 000 per month, to anyone, and they can collect it immediately at any Checkers store in South Africa.
◦ Go to the Money Market Counter at your nearest Checkers store to collect your money. You can collect up to R5 000 per day, with a maximum of R25 000 per month.
◦ Bring your Green RSA ID book as well as the secret PIN and Money Transfer number that was given to you by the sender.
◦ Give the Money Transfer number to the Money Market Cashier and enter your secret PIN.
◦ You will immediately receive the money – right there on the spot!