Edible Christmas trees
Bake up a batch of delicious biscuits and then have loads of fun making edible Christmas trees for the festive season. These make for great gifts or table pieces.
50 g Padkos pistachio nuts; shelled and finely chopped
50 g cranberries; finely chopped
125 g icing sugar; sifted
100 g castor sugar
200 g butter
300 g flour
1. Preheat oven to 180 °C.
2. Cream butter and castor sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Add sifted flour, nuts and cranberries and stir well to combine.
4. Shape the cookie dough into a ball, cover in plastic wrap and chilli in the fridge for 30 min.
5. Divide the dough in half, and roll out each half on a floured surface, to about ½ cm thick. Using 4 different sized star cookie cutters (the largest being 8–10 cm) begin cutting out equal quantities of each star size .
6. Place the cookies on baking trays lined with baking paper and place in the oven for 12–15 min., or until cooked through and golden. Cool on a wire rack.
7. Mix sifted icing sugar with a little drop of water and blend well to create a thick white paste.
8. Arrange the largest star cookies in a row. Ice, then place the second-largest biscuits on top of each iced star.
9. Repeat with each size of cookie, finishing with the smallest stars on top, to create cookie Christmas trees.
10. Dust with icing sugar and serve with glasses of cold milk, or package in cake boxes as gifts.
Makes: ±48 cookies
Please select your current province. This will allow us to tailor our latest offers for you.
Each of our stores has its own amazing deals. Simply select your area and you’ll be able to see all the specials at a Checkers closest to you.