PUMPKIN NUT MUFFINS
Children love cupcakes and muffins and so put a healthy vegetable like pumpkin in the mix and you have a healthy snack. Snack food that is nutritious forms part of the overall day’s nutritional intake. These delicious muffins can also be cooked in mini muffin tins and this makes them bite size, which is ideal for popping in the mouth during a break time soccer match without breaking momentum and ruining playtime!
4 tbsp coconut oil, softened, plus extra for greasing
6 free-range eggs
3 tbsp honey
½ cup coconut flour
¼ cup roughly chopped raw macadamia nuts
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ cup pureed pumpkin
½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease a muffin tray with coconut oil.
2. Beat the eggs, adding one at a time.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
4. Add the eggs and remaining ingredients and mix well.
5. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
Per serving: energy: 137 kcal protein: 4g fat: 10g carbs: 8g ratio: 0.8:1
Recipes extracted from "Real Food. Healthy, Happy Children" by Kath Megaw (Quivertree)
Please select your current province. This will allow us to tailor our latest offers for you.
Each of our stores has its own amazing deals. Simply select your area and you’ll be able to see all the specials at a Checkers closest to you.