Apple Pie Shandy
Why not enjoy the flavours of your best beer and your favourite pud combined into one amazing cocktail? We suggest refreshing ale infused with the decadence of apple pie. Raise a glass to the brew-hood with this recipe!
60 ml light brown sugar
30 ml lemon juice
30 ml water
1 stick cinnamon
1 star anise
1 cardamom pod
340 ml golden ale; chilled
330 ml apple cider; chilled
Apple slices; to serve
Extra long cinnamon sticks; to serve (optional)
1. Combine all the above ingredients, except ale, cider and apple slices, in a small saucepan. Heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Remove from heat and allow to completely cool.
3. Strain and chill.
4. Pour the ale, cider and two tots sugar syrup (or more if you prefer a sweeter cocktail) into a pitcher and stir to mix.
5. Place apple slices into 2 chilled beer glasses and pour over the ale and cider mixture.
6. Serve with cinnamon stick stirrers.
Please select your current province. This will allow us to tailor our latest offers for you.
Each of our stores has its own amazing deals. Simply select your area and you’ll be able to see all the specials at a Checkers closest to you.