Eggs on toast, without the cutlery – perfect for busy mornings.
6 slices white or wholewheat bread
1 tbsp. sunflower oil
250 g streaky bacon
6 large eggs
Salt and pepper
1. Heat the oven to 180 C. Grease a muffin pan and set aside.
2. Grill the bacon until crispy and set aside.
3. Cut the crusts off the sliced bread and flatten each slice using a rolling pin.
4. Mould the flattened bread into the greased muffin pan and lightly brush with sunflower oil.
5. Place in the oven for 10 minutes, or until slightly crispy and golden brown.
6. Add two pieces of bacon to each crispy bread cup and crack an egg over the bacon. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Place in the oven for 8–10 minutes for a soft egg, or 10–15 minutes if you prefer your eggs well done.
8. Allow to cool slightly before removing. Serve warm.
Serves : 6
Note : For a vegetarian option, substitute bacon with cooked mushrooms, spinach or tomatoes.
Stylist: Emma Wilson
Photographer: Michelle Parkin
Please select your current province. This will allow us to tailor our latest offers for you.
Each of our stores has its own amazing deals. Simply select your area and you’ll be able to see all the specials at a Checkers closest to you.