These make-ahead overnight oats are perfect for an instant breakfast on busy mornings.
For the fruit puree:
1 cup blueberries
½ cup strawberries
¾ cup blackberries
1 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. water
For the Bircher Muesli:
2 cups oats
1½ cups milk or almond milk
¼ cup apple juice
⅓ cup plain yoghurt
1 apple; cored and grated with peel
2 tbsp. honey
Pinch of cinnamon
Toppings: fresh seasonal berries, dried fruit, nuts and extra yoghurt (optional)
For the fruit puree
1. Place the fruit puree ingredients in a small saucepan. Gently heat until the fruit softens and starts to bubble slowly.
2. Turn down the heat and leave to gently simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
4. Blend until smooth.
For the Bircher muesli
1. Combine all the muesli ingredients in a large bowl. Stir to combine, cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. To serve, layer yoghurt, fruit puree and Bircher muesli in small jars. Top with your favourite toppings and serve.
Serves : 4–6
Stylist: Emma Wilson
Photographer: Michelle Parkin
Please select your current province. This will allow us to tailor our latest offers for you.
Each of our stores has its own amazing deals. Simply select your area and you’ll be able to see all the specials at a Checkers closest to you.