Classic fruit mince pies, vanilla ice cream, honey and meringues for a delicious Christmas dessert to end off a spectacular lunch!
For the pudding you’ll need:
6 classic fruit mince pies
6 balls vanilla ice cream
2 L vanilla ice cream
6 tbsp. runny honey
A selection of summer berries to garnish
For the meringue you’ll need:
6 egg whites
1 cup castor sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Place the mince pies and ice cream balls separately on a baking tray and freeze for 24 hrs.
2. Do the following just before serving the puddings:
Pre-heat your oven to 240 °C.
Beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks start forming.
Add the castor sugar gradually while mixing.
Keep beating mixture until it is thick and glossy and the sugar is dissolved. Beat in the vanilla extract.
3. Place a ball of frozen ice cream onto each frozen fruit mince pie and drizzle with honey.
4. Cover the stacks completely with meringue. Bake in pre-heated oven until just golden brown.
5. Decorate with fresh berries and dust lightly with icing sugar.
6. Remove the terrine from the freezer 15 min.
Before you want to serve it, dip in warm water to loosen it and place it onto a platter.
7. Top with the berries, and a good sprinkling of icing sugar.
Please select your current province. This will allow us to tailor our latest offers for you.
Each of our stores has its own amazing deals. Simply select your area and you’ll be able to see all the specials at a Checkers closest to you.