Coconut And Cinnamon Chia Porridge
Coconut And Cinnamon
This coconut and cinnamon chia porridge is a great breakfast if you miss your morning muesli or oats. You do need to be a little organised though as it requires standing for a minimum of 6 hours. The best thing to do is mix it before you go to bed and it will be ready for breakfast in the morning
400 g coconut milk
⅓ cup chia seeds
1 tsp. cinnamon
Stevia or xylitol; to taste
A handful of berries
A few tbsp. of double thick Greek yoghurt
10 whole almonds; roughly chopped
1. In a bowl stir together the coconut milk, chia seeds, cinnamon and a little sweetener.
2. Add enough sweetener to suit your taste but try going without.
3. Leave it to stand in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight. The chia will absorb the liquid and plump up.
4. Serve with some halved berries or blueberry coulis, a few spoons of Greek yoghurt (if you’re shedding pounds) and the almonds.
• You could also add some ground ginger into this one for a more aromatic twist. Orange zest and cinnamon as a combo is also a massive win.
Real Meal Revolution Nutritional Nugget:
Chia seeds are ancient Mayan grains that mean “strength”, and that they are! Loaded with magnesium, calcium, phosphorous, fibre (good for friendly gut bacteria) and antioxidants, combined with cinnamon (for antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and increased insulin sensitivity benefits) and coconut (with antiviral and antibacterial activity), and you have a nutrient packed supercharged breakfast treat. Have chia occasionally as it can push your carb content up, even though it’s a banting-friendly option.
Nutritional info per serving (255g):
• Carbs: 10,2 g
• Fat: 48,71 g
• Protein: 10,71 g
• Store for up to 3 days in the fridge.
Prep time: 5 min. (should stand in the fridge min. 6 hrs.)
Recipe by: Jonno Proudfoot, Real Meal Revolution
Please select your current province. This will allow us to tailor our latest offers for you.
Each of our stores has its own amazing deals. Simply select your area and you’ll be able to see all the specials at a Checkers closest to you.