Cold Smoked Salmon Prawn Terrine
Cold Smoked Salmon
Zesty lemon cuts through the rich cream cheese creating the perfect bed for the delicate prawn and salmon flavours to rest on.
5 large red peppers
4 spring onions; finely chopped
Zest of 1 ripe lemon
1 tbsp. of gelatine, dissolved in 3 tbsps. of lemon juice
2 tbsp. dill; freshly chopped
2 x 230 g spring onion cream cheese
1 tbsp. horseradish sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1kg Cape Point jumbo pink prawns; steamed and shelled
300 g Limited Edition Cold Smoked Salmon
1. Quarter the peppers and remove the seeds and pith.
2. Place them onto an oven tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with a little salt.
3. Bake for 20–25 min. in an oven preheated to 180 ºC.
4. When done, remove, place the peppers in a bowl and cover with cling film for 10 min,after which you remove the skins.
5. Stir the spring onions, gelatine mixture, lemon zest & dill into the cream cheese together with the horseradish sauce.
Season with salt and pepper
6. Line a 26 x 13 x 6 cm loaf tin with cling wrap, line the base with red pepper & spread half the cream cheese mixture onto the red peppers.
7. Break the salmon into chunks and place onto the cream cheese.
8. Cover the salmon with the prawns, spoon over the remaining cream cheese mixture and top with the remaining red peppers.
Garnish with sliced cucumber and serve.
Please select your current province. This will allow us to tailor our latest offers for you.
Each of our stores has its own amazing deals. Simply select your area and you’ll be able to see all the specials at a Checkers closest to you.