Colourful Salad Cube
Change it up with this arty take on a delicious salad. Perfect for those balmy summer evenings.
For the salad you’ll need:
2 avocadoes; peeled & cubed
1 punnet (320 g) spanspek
1 cup (200 g) watermelon spears; cut into cubes
1 cup (200 g) pineapple spears; cut into cubes
1 cup (120 g) melon; cut into cubes
2 cups (300 g) feta; cut into cubes
For the dressing you’ll need:
¾ cup (180 ml) olive oil
¼ cup (60 ml) white balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp (45 ml) fresh lemon juice and grated peel
3 tbsp (45 ml) fresh orange juice
Salt and milled pepper
Micro greens for garnish
1/3 cup (80 ml) pomegranate seeds
1. Squeeze lemon juice over cubed avocadoes to prevent discolouration.
2. Begin with the base layer for the salad. Arrange 9 blocks of fruit and feta into a square on a plate.
3. Repeat a second, third and fourth layer on top of one another to form a cube.
4. Pour all the dressing ingredients into a clean jar. Shake to form a thickened dressing and season.
5. Drizzle dressing over each of the salad cubes and scatter with pomegranate seeds and micro herbs before serving.
Serves 2 – 4, depending on how large a salad you would like.
Please select your current province. This will allow us to tailor our latest offers for you.
Each of our stores has its own amazing deals. Simply select your area and you’ll be able to see all the specials at a Checkers closest to you.