Chilli and Lime Popcorn
Chilli and Lime
Aged for 8 months in American white-oak barrels, Don Julio Reposado Tequila offers a rich, smooth finish with aromas of mellow lemon and spice layers on the nose. Serve it chilled on the rocks with a fresh batch of lime and chilli popcorn to elevate the citrus and spice notes in this elegant tequila.
1 tbsp. (15 ml) vegetable oil
½ cup (125 ml) popcorn kernels
2 tbsp. (30 ml) melted butter
½ tsp. (2,5 ml) chilli powder
1 tbsp. (15 ml) lime zest
1 tsp. (5 ml) Maldon Sea Salt
• Heat oil in a heavy-based pot until hot. Add popcorn kernels and cover with lid.
• Shake pot occasionally while popcorn is popping to prevent any burning.
• Once popping slows down, remove from heat and allow to stand for 30 seconds.
• Pour popcorn into a bowl and drizzle with the melted butter.
• Place the chilli powder, lime zest and salt into a small bowl and mix together.
• Sprinkle spiced salt over the popcorn and toss to coat.
Please select your current province. This will allow us to tailor our latest offers for you.
Each of our stores has its own amazing deals. Simply select your area and you’ll be able to see all the specials at a Checkers closest to you.