Easy-to-carve Stuffed Leg of Lamb
Stuffed Leg of Lamb
Stuffed Leg of Lamb
No festive feast is complete without a beautifully roasted leg of lamb. So serve your guests this must-have piece of meat with a nutty, zesty stuffing everyone can enjoy. Debone and butterfly the lamb yourself, or simply ask your Checkers butcher to do it for you.
For the lamb:
2 kg leg of lamb; deboned and butterflied
1 onion; peeled and sliced
2 carrots; peeled and roughly chopped
2 sticks celery; roughly chopped
2 sprigs rosemary
3 garlic cloves; peeled
For the stuffing:
1 small red onion; peeled and finely chopped
2 garlic cloves; peeled and crushed
1 tbsp. oregano leaves
30 g parsley
15 g mint
100 g macadamia nuts
Zest of 1 lemon
2 anchovy fillets
2 tbsp. fresh breadcrumbs
Salt and freshly ground pepper
To make the stuffing:
1. Heat olive oil in a frying pan and gently sauté onions, garlic and oregano until lightly golden.
2. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
3. Place fried onions into a food processor together with the remaining ingredients and pulse until combined.
4. Add 2 tbsp. olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
To stuff the lamb:
1. Lay the butterflied leg of lamb, skin side down, on a chopping board and smear the stuffing over.
2. Roll into a sausage and tie tightly with string at 2 cm intervals to ensure the lamb holds its shape and cooks evenly.
3. Place the sliced onions, carrots, celery, rosemary and garlic into a deep roasting tray and place the lamb on top.
4. Roast in a preheated oven at 200 °C for 15 min. before reducing the heat to 170 °C and cooking for a further 40–45 min. for medium doneness. Adjust the time depending on how you like your meat done.
5. Remove from oven and allow to rest for at least 20 min. before removing the string and carving.
Please select your current province. This will allow us to tailor our latest offers for you.
Each of our stores has its own amazing deals. Simply select your area and you’ll be able to see all the specials at a Checkers closest to you.