Edible Espresso Cups
When it comes to good coffee and chocolate, more is more! Try this decadent and oh-so-easy recipe to create your own edible espresso cups. The cookie cups are easy to bake, the melted chocolate is a great touch and the espresso, made using our new Foreign Ground Signature Blends, is the cherry on top!
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups flour
100 g dark chocolate, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray
2. With a hand mixer, cream together sugar and butter. Add egg and vanilla. In separate bowl, combine sour cream, salt and soda. Add flour and sour cream to butter mixture, beat until smooth.
3. Divide the dough into 30 equal sized balls. Roll each ball flat and press the dough into a mini muffin tin. Place the tray in the freezer for 5 minutes to harden the dough and then cut off any edges that overlap on the sides. Bake cookies for 15-18 minutes, making sure they’re not getting too brown at the end.
4. Let cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then gently run a thin knife along the sides to pop them out. If you greased the pan well, you shouldn’t have any problems here!
5. Fill each cookie cup with melted chocolate and then pour the extra chocolate back into the bowl of melted chocolate. Place on a tray and leave to cool. Once the chocolate is set fill each cup with an espresso and serve immediately
Please select your current province. This will allow us to tailor our latest offers for you.
Each of our stores has its own amazing deals. Simply select your area and you’ll be able to see all the specials at a Checkers closest to you.