This grown up version of a slush puppy is packed with fruit, so it’s a health food, really.
750 ml bottle dry rosé
½ cup (125ml) sugar
1 cup (250ml) strawberries, hulled and quartered
½ cup (125ml) raspberries
¼ cup (60ml) fresh lime juice
Rose petals or mint leaves, to garnish (optional)
1. Pour rosé into a freezer proof container and freeze for six hours, or until almost solid.
2. Pour sugar and ½ cup (125ml) water into a medium saucepan set over medium heat and simmer until sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes.
3. Add strawberries and raspberries and simmer for another 3 minutes. Set aside for 30 minutes to infuse. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl (do not press on solids), cover and chill until cold, about 30 minutes.
4. Transfer frozen rosé into a blender and add the lime juice, 1/3 cup (80ml) of the syrup, and 1 cup crushed ice. Purée until smooth. Transfer blender jar to freezer and freeze until frosé has thickened to a milkshake-like consistency, which should take about 25–35 minutes.
5. Blend again until frosé is slushy. Divide among glasses, garnish with rose petals or mint leaves, and serve immediately.
Please select your current province. This will allow us to tailor our latest offers for you.
Each of our stores has its own amazing deals. Simply select your area and you’ll be able to see all the specials at a Checkers closest to you.