Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins
Blueberries boast the highest antioxidant count of any fruit, and these gluten-free muffins are one of our favourite ways to get our daily dose.
2½ cups (625 ml) gluten-free oats
1 tsp. (5 ml) bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp. (10 ml) baking powder
½ tsp. (2,5 ml) ground cinnamon
3 large very ripe bananas; peeled and mashed
1 tsp. (5 ml) vanilla essence
½ cup (125 ml) milk
½ cup (125 ml) honey
¾ cup (180 ml) blueberries
1. Preheat your oven to 180 °C.
2. Finely grind 2 cups (500 ml) of oats to a fine powder in a blender.
3. In a large bowl, combine the ground oats, whole oats, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
4. Add the mashed bananas, vanilla, milk and honey and stir well to combine.
5. Stir through the blueberries.
6. Transfer the mixture to a muffin tin lined with greaseproof paper or paper cases and bake in the preheated oven for 20–25 min. or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
7. Cool on a wire rack before serving.
Please select your current province. This will allow us to tailor our latest offers for you.
Each of our stores has its own amazing deals. Simply select your area and you’ll be able to see all the specials at a Checkers closest to you.