Hot Cross Bun Burger
Who says Easter should be all about the eggs? Here’s how to stack on more flavour using the holiday’s go-to treat. (Makes 2 burgers)
2 traditional hot cross buns; halved
2 lean beef burger patties
2 raclette cheese slices
40 g Farmer’s Deli black forest ham
¼ mini cabbage; shredded
6 mangetout; thinly sliced
2 radishes; thinly sliced
2 tbsp. (30 ml) mayonnaise
1 small handful of iceberg lettuce; roughly torn
1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
1 tsp. (5 ml) honey
Salt and pepper
Squeeze of lemon juice
For the slaw:
1. Place the cabbage, mangetout, radishes and lettuce into a bowl and pour the olive oil, lemon juice and honey over.
2. Season with a little salt and pepper and mix to combine. Set aside.
For the burger patties:
1. Preheat the oven to grill.
2. Heat a grill pan to medium heat and grill each half of the hot cross buns. Set aside.
3. Lightly brush each burger patty with a little extra olive oil and grill for 2–3 minutes on each side or until each one is just cooked through.
4. Place a cheese slice on the patty and place under the grill for a couple of seconds or until the cheese has melted.
1. Spread a little mayonnaise onto the bottom half of each hot cross bun and top with a little slaw.
2. Place the burger patty on top, with a few slices of black forest ham.
3. Cover with the other halved hot cross bun and enjoy.
Please select your current province. This will allow us to tailor our latest offers for you.
Each of our stores has its own amazing deals. Simply select your area and you’ll be able to see all the specials at a Checkers closest to you.