Slaw has never tasted, or looked, this good. The perfect meal in itself or addition to another main dish.
For the slaw you’ll need:
1 cup (250 ml) broccoli florets
1 tbsp (15 ml) pine seed kernels; toasted
2 tbsp (30 ml) pumpkin seeds; toasted
2 tbsp (30 ml) sunflower seeds; toasted
1 pkt. broccoli slaw
For the dressing you’ll need:
1 tsp (5 ml) finely grated lemon zest
¼ cup (60 ml) lemon juice
3 tbsp (45 ml) white balsamic vinegar
1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
2 tsp (10 ml) Dijon mustard
½ cup (125 ml) olive oil
Salt and milled pepper
1. Blanch broccoli florets in boiling water for 2 minutes, drain and place in cool water and roughly chop.
2. Heat a non-stick pan and toast seeds until golden, pour onto a plate to cool.
3. Place all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake to combine well.
4. Add chopped broccoli, toasted seeds and broccoli slaw to a bowl. Drizzle with a bit of dressing and toss to coat.
5. Arrange on a platter and add a wedge of lemon to serve.
Please select your current province. This will allow us to tailor our latest offers for you.
Each of our stores has its own amazing deals. Simply select your area and you’ll be able to see all the specials at a Checkers closest to you.