One Pan Lemon Roast Chicken and Potato Wedges
One Pan Lemon Roast Chicken
and Potato Wedges
and Potato Wedges
Dress up an old family favourite with lemon and herbs – the fancy, fresh kind – and low GI Carisma potatoes, exclusive to Checkers. All you need is one pan to serve four loved ones this mouth-watering meal.
2 tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
6–8 thyme sprigs; leaves only
½ tsp. (2,5 ml) paprika
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 sage sprigs
4 thyme sprigs
2 oregano sprigs
1 onion; peeled and thickly sliced
2 carrots; peeled and chopped
2 celery stalks; chopped
1 garlic bulb; halved
2 lemons; halved
6 Carisma potatoes; washed and cut into thick wedges
4 tsp. (20 ml) flour
½ cup (125 ml) white wine
1 cup (250 ml) chicken stock
1. Preheat oven to 220 °C.
2. Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
3. Pour the olive oil into a small bowl and add the thyme, zest of 1 lemon, paprika and season with salt and pepper. Brush all over the chicken, season again and place the sage, thyme and oregano inside the cavity.
4. Place the onions, carrots, celery, halved garlic bulbs and lemons in a roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil and place chicken on top. Roast for 25 min.
5. Place potatoes into a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil and season.
6. Add the potato wedges to the roasting tray and reduce oven temperature to 190 °C. Roast for 1 hr and 15 min. or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are golden brown and crisp. Tip: Prick the chicken thigh with a skewer and, if the juices run clear, the chicken is cooked.
7. Remove the chicken, potatoes and caramelised lemons from tray and set aside.
8. Place tray with roasted vegetables directly over medium heat. Add the flour to form a golden paste.
9. Pour in the wine and continue to stir, scraping up any caramelised bits sticking to the bottom of the pan.
10. Add in the stock and allow to simmer gently for about 2 min. or until thickened to form a gravy.
11. Strain and serve alongside the roast chicken and potatoes with a squeeze of little caramelised lemon.
Please select your current province. This will allow us to tailor our latest offers for you.
Each of our stores has its own amazing deals. Simply select your area and you’ll be able to see all the specials at a Checkers closest to you.