Thai Prawn Curry
Indulge your love of seafood with this Thai Prawn Curry – a creamy and spicy comfort food dream made using sweet and deliciously tender Patagonian prawns. Our superb selection of exotic prawns is sustainably sourced and brought to you every day at harbour prices.
1 bunch spring onions; chopped
1–2 tbsp. (15–30 ml) premade garlic and ginger paste
2–3 tbsp. (30–45 ml) red curry paste
1 can (400 g) coconut cream
4 cups (1 litre) chicken stock
5 ml cornflour; slaked in a little cold water
1 packet of sugar snap peas
1 packet of baby corn
300 g – 400 g prawns
Juice of 2 limes
1 tbsp. (30 ml) fish sauce
20 g coriander leaves
Red chilli; to serve
Toasted coconut flakes; to serve
• Add half of the spring onion, the garlic and ginger paste, red curry paste, coconut cream and chicken stock to a pot and bring to the boil, stirring until the pastes have dissolved.
• Add the cornflour liquid and stir through.
• Add the vegetables and cook for 1 minute.
• Add the prawns and cook for another minute or two, until the shells have turned a vibrant orange colour.
• Season with fresh lime juice and fish sauce.
• Serve hot with steamed basmati rice, garnished with red chill, toasted coconut shavings and fresh coriander.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Please select your current province. This will allow us to tailor our latest offers for you.
Each of our stores has its own amazing deals. Simply select your area and you’ll be able to see all the specials at a Checkers closest to you.