Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Up to 25% in instant savings
- Personalised Xtra Savings just for you
- Stand a chance to win your groceries
- Support your favourite charities
Make your next meal an unforgettable experience by creating this incredible Asian-inspired pork belly dish with the finest ingredients.
1. Mix Chinese five-spice powder, salt, pepper and cumin together and rub over the pork.
2. Roll up the pork belly and secure with string.
3. Place it in the fridge overnight.
4. Fill a large saucepan with water, add ginger, star anise, crushed garlic and bring to boil.
5. Place the pork in the water and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Remove and let it dry thoroughly. Remove the string and season with salt.
7. Place the pork, skin side up, on a roasting rack for 30 minutes on 200 ºC.
8. Lower to 180 ºC and cook for an hour until tender.
9. For the sauce, heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan and add chopped ginger.
10. Cook for 30 seconds.
11. Add the soy sauce, tomato sauce, honey, sherry and sesame oil, and mix well.
12. Remove the pork from the oven, let it rest for 15 minutes, add the sauce and enjoy!
For the pork belly:
For the sauce: