Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Up to 25% in instant savings
- Personalised Xtra Savings just for you
- Stand a chance to win your groceries
- Support your favourite charities
This beautiful, buttery soup is made even better by topping with fried gnocchi, spinach pesto, charred sweet baby broccoli and Parmesan crisps.
1. To make the Parmesan crisps, preheat oven to 200 ºC.
2. Line a baking tray with some baking paper and place spoonfuls of cheese 10 cm apart from each other. Spread out the cheese as thinly as possible, creating a circular shape. Bake in oven for about 6–8 minutes or until crisp and golden. Remove from baking paper using a spatula and allow to cool.
3. To prepare the gnocchi, heat a little butter in a frying pan and quickly sauté the gnocchi until crisp and golden brown in colour. Season lightly with salt and pepper and set aside.
4. Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and quickly sauté the blanched broccoli until lightly charred. Season with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice and set aside.
5. Heat soup and portion equally into 2 bowls. Top with the sautéed gnocchi, some charred broccoli and a few Parmesan crisps. Drizzle with pesto and serve immediately.