Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Up to 25% in instant savings
- Personalised Xtra Savings just for you
- Stand a chance to win your groceries
- Support your favourite charities
This hearty cheesy soup recipe is made with all our favourite German things: beer, sausages and sharp Emmentaler.
1. Heat oil in a medium pot and fry onions, carrots, mushrooms, potatoes, thyme and sausage for about 5 min. or until golden.
2. Add the cornflour and stir to form a paste.
3. Pour in the beer and cook for 2 min.
4. Add the stock and cream and stir slowly for 5 min., until soup boils and thickens.
5. Remove soup from heat and stir through grated cheese.
6. Season soup with salt and pepper to taste.