Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Up to 25% in instant savings
- Personalised Xtra Savings just for you
- Stand a chance to win your groceries
- Support your favourite charities
Do you like to do things yourself sometimes? Try this home-made pasta recipe. Double or triple the quantity if you’re feeding a crowd. And if you like you can get creative with the cut outs of the pasta sheets.
1. Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Tip out mixture onto a floured surface and knead for a couple of minutes into a stiff dough.
3. Wrap dough in cling film and allow to rest for 30 min. in the fridge before rolling through pasta machine.
4. Divide dough in two and roll the one half through the widest setting of the pasta machine. Repeat this 4–5 times, decreasing the setting each time you pass the dough through, so that the pasta sheet gets thinner and thinner.
5. Cut the pasta sheets into thin strips for Linguine or wide strips for Tagliatelle, or squares for Lasagne. Dust pasta with a little flour.
6. Boil pasta in a pot of rapidly boiling, salted water for 1–2 min., only until al dente. Drain and drizzle with a little olive oil.
7. Serve with your favourite pasta sauce, or just olive oil and plenty of Parmesan.