Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Up to 25% in instant savings
- Personalised Xtra Savings just for you
- Stand a chance to win your groceries
- Support your favourite charities
Kale is one of the most nutrient-dense foods in the world and can help lower your cholesterol levels. Try this seriously delicious Parma Ham, Kale and Cheddar Salad, exclusive to Checkers.
1. To make the dressing, pour 1 cup of balsamic vinegar into a small pot and add the sugar. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer for 10–15 minutes or until reduced by half. Set aside until cool.
2. Pour the remaining balsamic vinegar into a small bowl and add the sun-dried tomatoes and olive oil. Marinate for 15 minutes.
3. Scatter the broccoli and kale leaves onto a platter and top with the blanched green beans, sliced red onions, Parma ham, cheddar and sun-dried tomatoes.
4. Garnish with the toasted walnuts, drizzle with the balsamic reduction and serve.
- Rinse it under running water.
- Shake, spin or blot dry.
- If you only need the leaves, just pluck them from the stem.
- If you have leftover kale, it works very well as a delicious and nutritious smoothie ingredient.
In all of the superfood kingdom, kale reigns supreme. This nutritious green is chock-full of beneficial nutrients and is extremely versatile as an ingredient in your kitchen. Kale is one of the most nutrient-dense foods in the world and can help lower your cholesterol levels. It’s also a great source of various minerals that most of us don’t receive in our day-to-day diets.
How To Store It:
Kale takes longer to wilt than other leafy greens, but you have to keep it dry to keep it fresh.
This recipe is perfect for people who need to lower their cholesterol.