Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Up to 25% in instant savings
- Personalised Xtra Savings just for you
- Stand a chance to win your groceries
- Support your favourite charities
A hearty meal as well as a stunning addition to the table, this picanha recipe lets you enjoy Brazil's most famous cut with lentils and chimichurri sauce.
1. Steak: Rub the meat all over with oil and season well with salt and pepper. Set aside for 10 min.
2. Sauce: Mix the ingredients and set aside.
3. To complete: Rapidly seal the meaty side of the steak over hot coals. Turn so the fatty side faces down.
4. Raise the grill and braai until the fatty layer is crisp, most of the fat has been rendered and the meat is cooked to the desired degree of doneness.
5. Leave to rest for 10 min. so the juices can be reabsorbed, then slice.
For the steak: