Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Up to 25% in instant savings
- Personalised Xtra Savings just for you
- Stand a chance to win your groceries
- Support your favourite charities
Take comfort food to the next level by adding dried mushrooms, noodles, pak choi and ginger to tender pork belly.
1. Cut the pork belly into bite size squares and place in a pot of simmering water.
2. Simmer for 10 minutes, removing any scum, then strain.
3. Slice the ginger thinly and add to a pot with the 1 litre of water and the chicken bone broth. Return the pork belly to the cooking liquid and simmer for 45 minutes, skimming occasionally.
4. Add the soy sauces, sugar, star anise, cinnamon, chillies and spring onions. Place the lid on and simmer for another 1½ hours or until pork is tender.
5. Add the dried mushrooms 30 minutes towards the end of cooking time.
6. Serve with egg noodles, pak choi, soft boiled eggs and fresh spring onion.