Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Up to 25% in instant savings
- Personalised Xtra Savings just for you
- Stand a chance to win your groceries
- Support your favourite charities
Add a pop of red and a dash of natural sweetness to your meal with this delicious Rustic Apple Tart recipe.
1. Preheat oven to 220 °C or as per packet instructions.
2. Prepare a 25 cm loose bottom quiche tin with cooking spray and set aside.
3. Roll out the pastry and trim into a round circle — about 30cm across. Use quiche tin as a guide, add 5 cm to the border and trim.
4. Lay pastry over the quiche tin. Carefully shape pastry around and up the inside of the tin to create a pie.
5. Spread the base of the pie with apricot jam and using a fork, poke a few holes into the base of the pastry.
6. Slice apples into quarters, core, thinly slice and toss into lemon juice.
7. Remove apples from lemon juice, add vanilla extract and cinnamon to the apple slices and toss to coat.
8. Arrange sliced apples on the jam-covered pastry. Curl the edges over the edge of the apples.
9. Lightly whisk egg yolk and brush onto the exposed pastry.
10. Dot the top of the pie with butter and drizzle with honey before baking for 20-25 minutes or until the apples are tender and pastry is crisp.
11. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.