Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Up to 25% in instant savings
- Personalised Xtra Savings just for you
- Stand a chance to win your groceries
- Support your favourite charities
Create this South African inspired seafood stew with hake, prawns and fresh black mussels.
1. Heat a little oil in a potjie pot and gently fry the onions, garlic and chorizo until lightly golden.
2. Add the fennel and chilli and fry for a couple more minutes or until the fennel has softened slightly.
3. Add the wine, followed by the tomato puree, sugar and stock.
4. Season with salt and pepper and allow to simmer for about 20 min. to enhance the flavours.
5. Add the hake and prawns, and then cover and allow to cook for about 5 min.
6. Add the mussels. Cover and cook for a further 5 min. or until mussels have opened and fish is cooked.
7. Scatter with freshly chopped parsley and serve immediately with lemon wedges and fresh crusty bread.
• Olive oil; for frying
• 1 onion; finely chopped
• 2 cloves garlic; crushed
• 1 whole chorizo; sliced into rounds
• 1 fennel bulb; thinly sliced
• Pinch of dried chilli
• 125 ml white wine
• 250 ml tomato puree
• 1 tbsp. (15 ml) sugar
• 750 ml chicken stock
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
• 600 g hake; cut into bite-size pieces
• 16 whole mussels; cleaned
• 16 whole prawns; deveined and left whole
• Handful fresh parsley; roughly chopped
• Lemon wedges; for serving
• Fresh crusty bread; for serving