Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Up to 25% in instant savings
- Personalised Xtra Savings just for you
- Stand a chance to win your groceries
- Support your favourite charities
When winter rolls round, we all want a steaming bowl of butternut soup. Here’s one that’s ready in half an hour.
1. Heat olive oil in a pot and gently sauté the onion, cumin, turmeric and chilli for a couple of minutes or until onions are translucent.
2. Add the butternut soup pack and continue to sauté for a further 5 minutes.
3. Pour in stock, cover with a lid and simmer gently for 15–20 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
4. Stir through cream and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Remove soup from heat and blend until smooth.
6. Add Tango juice and season with salt and pepper.
7. Garnish with coriander and a drizzle of cream, and serve.
• 2 tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil
• 1 onion; peeled and finely chopped
• ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) ground cumin
• 1 tsp. (5 ml) ground turmeric
• 1 chilli; deseeded and finely chopped
• 750 g pack Butternut Soup Mix
• 1L chicken or vegetable stock
• 1 cup (250 ml) cream
• Juice of 1–2 Tangos
• Small handful of fresh coriander to garnish