Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Up to 25% in instant savings
- Personalised Xtra Savings just for you
- Stand a chance to win your groceries
- Support your favourite charities
Your guests and family will marvel at the authentically Italian flavours of this mouth-watering dish. Ciao down on this steak tagliata – that’s amore.
1. Preheat oven to 200 °C.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a small pot and deep-fry the capers for a couple of seconds or until crispy. Remove from oil, drain on paper towel and set aside.
3. Place beef in a glass bowl and rub with olive oil, crushed garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
4. Heat a frying pan until hot and sear beef until golden brown on all sides.
5. Transfer to a roasting tin and place in oven for 12 min. for medium rare, or until done to your liking. Remove from oven, transfer beef to a cutting board and allow to rest for 10 min.
6. Place roasting tin over medium heat and deglaze with balsamic vinegar and sugar. Allow to simmer until thickened slightly.
7. Slice meat thinly and arrange neatly on a platter. Pour over the hot balsamic vinaigrette.
8. Garnish with sun-dried tomatoes, wild rocket, Parmesan shavings and deep-fried capers.