Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Up to 25% in instant savings
- Personalised Xtra Savings just for you
- Stand a chance to win your groceries
- Support your favourite charities
Whether it’s bright and early in the morning or late at night, you can’t go wrong with hot cross buns or waffles. So, why not merge the two to make a truly delicious treat for everyone at home this Easter. These sweet and savoury hot cross bun waffles will make the ultimate Easter snack.
To make the hot cross bun waffle:
1. Slice the hot cross bun in half and smear each side with a little butter.
2. Place into a waffle maker and toast until golden brown and crisp.
For a sweet option:
1. Smear the hot cross bun waffle with a heaped teaspoon of peanut butter.
2. Top with a few slices of banana, fresh figs, some toasted pecan nuts and a drizzle of maple syrup.
For a savoury option:
1. Smear the hot cross bun waffle with a good helping of cream cheese.
2. Top with smoked salmon, caper berries, thinly sliced red onion and some fresh dill or micro herbs.
3. Season with black pepper and a squeeze of lemon just before serving.