Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Up to 25% in instant savings
- Personalised Xtra Savings just for you
- Stand a chance to win your groceries
- Support your favourite charities
Take your roast chicken from great to amazing with this incredible Tango Roast Chicken with Three-Herb Pesto recipe.
1. Preheat oven to 180 °C.
2. Place the chicken in a roasting tray, breast side up. Using your fingers, gently loosen the skin from the breasts, being careful not to tear the skin.
3. Remove the sun-dried tomatoes from the olive oil marinade and place in a food processor together with the black garlic and blend to form a smooth paste.
4. Carefully spoon the paste under the skin of the chicken, spreading it evenly across the entire breast.
5. Drizzle a little olive oil over the chicken and season with paprika, Tango zest, salt and pepper.
6. Place the halved Tangos, sliced lemon and thyme around the chicken in the tray. Roast in oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until the chicken is golden and cooked all the way through.
7. To make the pesto, place all the pesto ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Add more olive oil if the consistency is too thick. Refrigerate until ready to use.
8. Once the chicken is cooked, remove from oven and squeeze one of the roasted and charred Tangos over the top.
9. Serve chicken with the remaining charred Tangos and pesto on the side.
For the roast chicken:
For the pesto: