Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Up to 25% in instant savings
- Personalised Xtra Savings just for you
- Stand a chance to win your groceries
- Support your favourite charities
All the prices and specials you see will be from that store.
If this isn’t your nearest Shoprite, you can select another store below.
Drop the takeout menu and have a home-made Thai seafood curry on the table in 20 minutes! This mouth-watering, aromatic seafood curry is the packed with flavour.
1. Heat a little oil in a heavy-based pot and gently fry onions, garlic, ginger and desiccated coconut until golden brown and aromatic.
2. Add the curry paste and fry for a further 30 seconds to release all its flavours.
3. Pour in the chicken stock and coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
4. Add the fish sauce, lime juice and sugar and taste the sauce. You may choose to add a little more fish sauce or sugar, depending on if you prefer your curry saltier or sweeter.
5. Bring to a simmer, add the prawns, cover with a lid and simmer for a few minutes, or until the prawns have turned pink and are cooked through.
6. To make the salsa, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and season with black pepper.
7. Serve the curry with steamed jasmine rice and pineapple salsa.
For the Thai red curry:
For the pineapple salsa: