Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Up to 25% in instant savings
- Personalised Xtra Savings just for you
- Stand a chance to win your groceries
- Support your favourite charities
Turn this decadent creamy tomato soup into a spicy shakshuka simply by adding fried chorizo, poached eggs and fresh herbs.
1. Preheat oven to 180 ºC.
2. Heat a little olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan (one that can go into an oven), and gently sauté the chorizo and peppers for a couple of minutes. Add the spice and sauté for a further 2 minutes before adding in the creamy tomato soup.
3. Bring the soup to a gentle simmer and carefully crack in the four eggs, a few cm apart from each other. Season with salt and pepper and place in oven for about 10 minutes or until the egg whites are just cooked but the yolks are still runny.
4. Remove from oven and garnish with chopped parsley, some crispy onions and a few leftover slices of crispy chorizo. Serve immediately with some sun-dried tomato focaccia.