Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Up to 25% in instant savings
- Personalised Xtra Savings just for you
- Stand a chance to win your groceries
- Support your favourite charities
Known as “liquid gold” Wheatgrass is a highly recommended smoothie ingredient. A single serving of wheatgrass boasts more nutrition than an equivalent amount of dark green leafy vegetables. Try our smoothie recipe now.
1. Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Wash the grass with lukewarm running water.
- Cut into smaller pieces that are easier to juice or blend.
- Blend into your favourite juice or smoothie.
- If your wheatgrass develops a bitter flavour, that’s a sign that it needs to be thrown out.
Even though wheatgrass is quite literally wheat grass, it is gluten free. That’s because gluten is stored in wheat kernels, not in grass. It tastes like grass or green tea – strong, but neutral or slightly sweet.
A highly recommended smoothie ingredient, one serving of wheatgrass boasts more nutrition than an equivalent amount of dark green leafy vegetables. It’s no wonder the superfood is considered “liquid gold” with anti-inflammatory, infection-fighting and diabetes-preventing properties.
How To Store It:
Fresh, Dry Wheatgrass:
Store in an airtight container or sealed bag in the fridge for up to a week.
Freeze it in ice cube trays.
Note: Thaw the ice cubes quickly by adding hot water. The longer you let it melt, the more it loses its nutritional benefits.
This recipe is perfect for people who need less red meat in their diet.
• ½ cup coconut water
• 1 cup coconut milk
• ½ cup fresh wheatgrass
• 2 oranges
• 1 banana
• 1 cup of ice