Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Up to 25% in instant savings
- Personalised Xtra Savings just for you
- Stand a chance to win your groceries
- Support your favourite charities
Make everyone ask for seconds with a carrot cake made to turn your loved ones into vegan treat lovers. It’s a dessert snack that belongs on every table this Easter.
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 ℃
2. Line two small, round cake tins with baking paper and grease the sides.
3. Place all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Divide the mixture between the two tins and bake for 35 minutes or until a wooden skewer comes out clean when placed in the middle.
5. While the cake is baking make the icing. Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth. If too soft, add more almonds. Place in fridge to keep cool.
6. Remove cake from oven and cool completely. When cooled, top one layer with some icing and top with the other layer. Then again with some icing.
7. Garnish with carrot roses. To make the carrot roses, take a peeler and peel the carrot. Then keep on peeling until you have a few peeled layers. Roll up a few peels until you have a carrot shape. Garnish with some more walnuts and pistachios.
For the cake:
For the icing: