Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Up to 25% in instant savings
- Personalised Xtra Savings just for you
- Stand a chance to win your groceries
- Support your favourite charities
Impress your sweet-toothed vegan guests with a true favourite. Try this raw caramel filled egg recipe.
1. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Pour into the moulds and set briefly in the fridge.
2. When the chocolate starts to set, brush to the sides of the mould to create a fairly thick egg so that it doesn’t break when unmoulded. Finish setting in the fridge.
3. Place the ingredients for the caramel in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Keep aside.
4. Mix all the ingredients for the chocolate mousse together and keep aside.
5. When you have all the sides of your mould, fill the one side with the caramel mixture and top with some of the chocolate mousse. Then place some melted chocolate on the edge of the shell and glue the other half to the egg.
6. Brush some more chocolate on the outside of the egg and dust with some dried edible flowers. Keep in the fridge or serve immediately.
For the shell:
For the caramel center:
For the chocolate mousse: