Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Up to 25% in instant savings
- Personalised Xtra Savings just for you
- Stand a chance to win your groceries
- Support your favourite charities
Fresh turmeric root gives this yellow curry its golden glow and it’s packed with antioxidants. This dish is delicious, wholesome and so easy to make!
1. Heat oil in a heavy-based pot over medium heat and gently sauté the onion, yellow pepper, ginger, turmeric and garlic for a couple of minutes or until the onions begin to soften.
2. Add cumin, coriander, cinnamon, chilli flakes and cayenne pepper, and sauté for a further 3–5 minutes.
3. Add chicken thighs and brown on all sides.
4. Add whole peeled tomatoes and stock, and cover with a lid. Bring to a simmer and allow to cook gently for about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
5. Garnish with chopped fresh coriander and serve with brown rice.
• 2 tbsp. (30 ml) vegetable oil
• 1 onion; peeled and finely chopped
• 1 yellow pepper; deseeded and chopped
• 1 tbsp. (15 ml) fresh ginger; peeled and grated
• 1 tbsp. (15 ml) fresh turmeric; peeled and grated
• 2 garlic cloves; peeled and crushed
• 2 tsp. (10 ml) ground cumin
• 2 tsp. (10 ml) ground coriander
• ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) ground cinnamon
• ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) dried chilli flakes
• ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) cayenne pepper
• 800 g chicken thighs; bone in, skin removed
• 1 tin (410 g) whole peeled tomatoes
• 1 cup (250 ml) chicken stock
• Handful of fresh coriander; chopped
• 2 cups (500 ml) cooked brown rice; to serve