Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Up to 25% in instant savings
- Personalised Xtra Savings just for you
- Stand a chance to win your groceries
- Support your favourite charities
Black garlic is rich in amino acids and is known to help with inflammation. Learn how to make this quick and easy recipe that is packed with flavour.
1. Heat a large wok with a little oil and quickly brown the chicken strips in batches. Remove and set aside.
2. Heat a little more oil in the same wok and sauté the onion, black garlic and ginger for a few minutes or until lightly golden.
3. Add the stir-fry pack and fry until vegetables are just beginning to soften.
4. Add soy sauce, dry sherry and honey and allow to cook for 2 minutes.
5. Return the chicken and noodles to the pan and season with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lime.
6. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve immediately.
- Treat black garlic cloves exactly like regular garlic. The only difference is its flavour and powerful aroma.
- Use it as you would roasted garlic, in a purée or a rub or grind it down to a fine powder and use it as seasoning.
Black garlic is the wonderfully sweet and syrupy result of heating cloves of garlic over the course of several weeks. Use it to give any recipe an exotically sweet twist. With double the number of antioxidants than normal garlic, black garlic boosts the natural benefits of a meal. Its S-allyl cysteine is also proven to lower cholesterol and lower your risk of cancer.
How To Store It:
If packaged, store it at room temperature. Loose cloves sold unopened have to be refrigerated and can last for up to a month.
Black garlic is rich in amino acids and is known to help reduce inflammation.
• 200 g egg noodles; cooked according to packet instructions and drained
• 2 tbsp. (30 ml) sunflower or coconut oil
• 4 x chicken breasts; thinly sliced
• 1 onion; peeled and finely sliced
• 4 x black garlic cloves; peeled and thinly sliced
• 1 knob ginger; peeled and finely grated
• 3 tbsp. (45 ml) light soy sauce
• 2 tbsp. (30 ml) dry sherry or Shaoxing wine
• 1 tbsp. (15 ml) honey
• 600g leafy kale stir-fry pack
• Salt and pepper
• 1 lime
• Handful of coriander; chopped