Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Up to 25% in instant savings
- Personalised Xtra Savings just for you
- Stand a chance to win your groceries
- Support your favourite charities
A refreshing citrus salad to accompany that braai meat, or even to turn into a meat-free main dish for any lover of tangy blue cheese.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
2. Gently toast the walnuts for 5 min. or until slightly oily and deepened in flavour.
3. Allow cooling.
4. Blanch the mangetout in boiled water until electric green in colour, then immediately submerge in iced water to stop the cooking process. This helps to retain the lovely colour and crunchy texture.
5. To assemble the salad, combine the orange slices, rocket leaves, mangetout and walnuts.
6. Season, toss with olive oil and lemon juice and top the salad with crumbled blue cheese.