Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Up to 25% in instant savings
- Personalised Xtra Savings just for you
- Stand a chance to win your groceries
- Support your favourite charities
This beef brisket, slow-roasted to perfection, reveals the succulence and full flavour of this popular cut. All you need are a few basic spices, some olive oil and a dash of patience – we promise, it’s worth the wait.
1. Rub brisket thoroughly with olive oil.
2. Season to taste on all sides of the brisket (we recommend using sea salt, coarse black pepper or BBQ spice)
3. Return to foil tray with fat side facing down.
4. Coat generously with balsamic vinegar and let it rest for 45 minutes.
5. Turn brisket fat side up.
6. Fill foil tray with water until half full.
7. Roast in Weber on full heat (oven 180 °C) for ± 3.5 hours.
8. Turn brisket every 45 minutes and refill tray with water if necessary, to prevent it from cooking dry.
9. Carve in casserole dish and cover with cooking juices from foil tray.
10. Let it rest in the casserole dish with the lid on for 5 minutes before serving!