Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Up to 25% in instant savings
- Personalised Xtra Savings just for you
- Stand a chance to win your groceries
- Support your favourite charities
This juicy leg of lamb is a gorgeous addition to any braai. Garlic-infused and smokey, the meat becomes all the more heavenly when topped with a bright and beautiful salsa verde.
1. Whisk together all the ingredients for the marinade and marinate the lamb for a few hours or overnight, turning a few times.
2. Make the salsa verde by removing the mint and rosemary from its stalks and chop finely with the parsley. A mezzaluna works really well. Place in a large bowl.
3. Chop the capers and anchovy fillets fine and add to the herbs.
4. Chop the garlic finely and mash with the blade of the knife and add to the herbs.
5. Add the lemon juice and olive oil and mix very well until a sauce has formed.
6. Remove the lamb from the fridge and let the meat come to room temperature.
7. Place the meat on the braai and cook for about 15 min. each side, turning regularly for medium-rare.
8. Let the meat rest, covered in foil, for 10 min. before serving with the salsa verde.
For the salsa verde: