Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Up to 25% in instant savings
- Personalised Xtra Savings just for you
- Stand a chance to win your groceries
- Support your favourite charities
All the prices and specials you see will be from that store.
If this isn’t your nearest Shoprite, you can select another store below.
Take this tasty soup and elevate it by topping with grilled curried prawns, chickpeas and garnishing with charred curry leaves.
1. To make the crispy chickpeas, preheat oven to 200 ºC.
2. Dry the chickpeas as much as possible using paper towel then place onto a baking tray and drizzle lightly with some olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast in oven for about 20 minutes or until golden and crispy.
3. Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and fry prawns together with the curry spice and some curry leaves for a couple of minutes or until the prawns are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
4. Heat the soup and portion equally into two bowls. Top with a few curried prawns and a good spoonful of crispy chickpeas. Garnish with fresh curry leaves, a drizzle of olive oil and serve.