Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Up to 25% in instant savings
- Personalised Xtra Savings just for you
- Stand a chance to win your groceries
- Support your favourite charities
All the prices and specials you see will be from that store.
If this isn’t your nearest Shoprite, you can select another store below.
Let this Lindt Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Tart Recipe create the perfect dessert to grace your lunch or dinner table.
1. Preheat oven to 180 °C.
2. Place the cocoa, flour, butter or margarine and icing sugar in a food processor and process until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Gradually add the egg yolks and water to form a dough.
4. Flatten into a disc, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.
5. Roll the pastry out to 3 mm thick and line a 24 cm loose-bottomed tart tin, trimming the edges and prick the base with a fork.
6. Refrigerate again for 30 min. then blind-bake* for 15 min., remove the paper and weights and bake for another 10–15 min. until crisp.
7. Leave to cool.
8. Spread the base with the chocolate spread.
9. Make the filling by beating the melted Lindt chocolate, cream cheese, icing sugar and salt until fluffy then beat in the peanut butter and vanilla.
10. Fold in the whipped cream gently and spoon into the chocolate crust.
11. Drizzle with melted Lindt chocolate, peanut butter, and caramel and decorate with chopped chocolate slabs.
*Blind-baking refers to the process of placing baking paper inside the lined tart tin and then filling the tart with baking beads, beans or rice to weigh it down and prevent the pastry from puffing up.
For the crust:
For the filling: