Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Up to 25% in instant savings
- Personalised Xtra Savings just for you
- Stand a chance to win your groceries
- Support your favourite charities
Fact: our Malva Pudding is delicious. Make it WOW by stacking with caramelised bananas, torched meringue and ice cream.
1. To make the toffee apples: space the sugar into a heavy based saucepan and gently dissolve over a low heat. Once sugar has dissolved completely, increase the heat and allow sugar to caramelise until dark golden brown in colour. Working quickly, dip the mini apples into the caramel and allow to set on a tray lined with some baking paper.
2. To make the meringue: Place egg whites into a clean glass bowl and using an electric beater, whisk until stiff peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, little by little, and continue to whisk until the meringue is smooth, stiff and glossy. Set aside.
3. To make the caramelised bananas: Heat a little butter in a frying pan and quickly sauté sliced bananas together with the sugar until golden brown. Be careful not to overcook them.
4. To assemble: Heat the malva pudding as per punnet instructions and cut into squares. Place 1 square onto a plate and top with some caramelised bananas followed by some toasted pistachio nuts. Repeat these layers then finally top with some meringue. Using a blow torch, lightly torch the meringue until just golden. Finally drizzle a little caramel sauce and garnish with a mini toffee apple and some extra pistachio nuts. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
For the meringue:
For the mini toffee apples: