Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Up to 25% in instant savings
- Personalised Xtra Savings just for you
- Stand a chance to win your groceries
- Support your favourite charities
Only one steak in the fridge, but two hungry eaters? No problem! This couscous and roast veg salad makes any cut of meat go so much further.
1. Preheat oven to 200 °C.
2. Place beetroot, butternut, sweet potato and cherry tomatoes in a roasting tray and drizzle with half the olive oil.
3. Season with salt and pepper, and roast in the oven for 20 min. or until vegetables are roasted well and golden brown.
4. Place the couscous in a glass bowl and pour the hot chicken stock over it. Cover with cling wrap and set aside for 10 min., allowing the couscous to absorb all the liquid.
5. Using a fork, fluff couscous and stir through the lemon zest, juice and parsley.
6. Season with salt and pepper and add the roasted vegetables.
7. Heat a heavy-based pan on a high heat until smoking hot.
8. Brush steak with remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
9. Fry steak over a high heat for 3–4 min. on each side to achieve medium rare.
10. In the last 2 min. of cooking, add butter and sage leaves to the pan and use a spoon to baste the steak with the melted sage butter.
11. Remove steak from pan and allow to rest for 5 min. before slicing.
12. Arrange steak slices on top of the roast vegetables and couscous, divide between two plates, and serve.