Sign up, swipe & save instantly
- Up to 25% in instant savings
- Personalised Xtra Savings just for you
- Stand a chance to win your groceries
- Support your favourite charities
Impress each one of your guests this Easter with something deliciously amazing that’s hatched right in your own kitchen. Try this vegan-friendly crème egg. Get all the ingredients you need at your nearest Checkers.
1. Start by gently melting the chocolate: place a heatproof bowl over a pan of water and make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
2. Spoon some chocolate into each mould and spread it around and up the sides with the back of a teaspoon. Keep the rest of the chocolate over the pan of water on the heat to keep it melted.
3. Make sure to make the shells thick enough so they don’t break when you push them out of the mould.
4. Once filled, place in the freezer to set until hard.
5. Place all the other ingredients (except the turmeric) into a small bowl and mix until well combined.
6. Spoon out a little bit of the mixture (about two teaspoons) into another bowl and mix the turmeric in until well combined.
7. Remove the moulds from the freezer and add a small amount of the white mixture to each egg.
8. Then top with a small dollop of the yellow mixture in the middle of the egg.
9. Then top with some more of the melted chocolate until the mixture is completely covered.
10. Place in the freezer again until set and then unmould them once set.